Translate

Monday, August 3, 2020

Anansi

Anansi is a Akan folk character that often takes the shape of a spider and is considered to be a god of all knowledge of stories. He also can be representative of the trickster spirit. His (though Anansi energy is androgynous, spirit often is depicted as a man) stories survived through the destruction of culture that was slavery and became particularly prominent in Jamaica and the Caribbean. There were alot of webs in my world this weekend. The momma spider that has been living in my bathtub for the last couple months gave birth. And in the morning I stared out the window from the kitchen and watched another friend make a beautiful cloud and misty river web.  Yesterday I made another 🐊 top from the free Isabelle Schultz pattern out of an old t-shirt. The back strings fit theme I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment