Translate

Sunday, June 7, 2020

Feverfew/Feverdream




My feverfew plants started to bloom for the first time this week. Also called "maid's weed," "midsummer Daisy," and "devil's daisy," I tried growing feverfew a few years ago for my migraines but it never took. Last year I planted them but they didn't bloom. I guess this was the magic week. Associated with the planet Venus, they have a medicinal history as treatments for menstrual problems and headaches as a blood thinner. They are used in mojo bags for protection, and during plagues people planted them around their houses for protection. (They probably kept vermin from entering the home due to the leaves smell.) It also was tied around ones' wrists to draw out pain in medieval Europe. A delicate ally for profound times. When I was picking the flowers, and when I look at these pictures I am playing "Cinder and Smoke" by Iron and Wine in my head.https://youtu.be/F_b-v45Zcsk

No comments:

Post a Comment