Translate

Monday, June 29, 2020

Poppy



I am growing two different types of poppies. My friend Caitlin Rose gave me some pods for Christmas two years ago. This is the first bloom of what I believe to be Papaver Rhoeas, or a Flanders Poppies. The other variety bloomed the day before. This little one was all splayed open this morning when I walked down to my plot a delirious little gift left from last nights' moon. I felt such a connection to this particular poppy plant when it was coming up. It is tall and thin, and less sturdy, but more whimsical looking than the others. And here it is! The first to bloom! I feel so fortunate. Here is some information on this poppy from a favorite site of mine https://www.alchemy-works.com/papaver_rhoeas.html . I've actually purchased California poppies from him a few years ago, because they are native to America and Native Americans from that area have a history with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment