Translate

Friday, December 25, 2020

Pomegranates

 




Late last Saturday night I decided I just had to dye some antique linens with pomegranates. So the following morning I masked up and picked some up at the grocery store. That same day I harvested the seeds and boiled the rinds (of 2 poms), mordanted the napkins with alum, let both pots sit overnight, and dyed the linens the next morning. Which happened to be Monday, the winter solstice. After harvesting the seeds and while boiling the rinds on Sunday, I was reading "Bottom of the Pot" by Naz Deravian, which I had gotten out of the library to learn more about Persian cooking. I intended to find a recipe to use the pomegranate seeds and in the process I found out that the following day, Monday (the day I dyed the linens using the dye bath created from soaking the rinds) happened to be Yalda, the Iranian winter solstice celebration. Pomegranates bear particular significance. I experienced delightful pomegranate synchronicity through Spirit. My intuition knew before I consciously did that I needed to buy some poms. The napkins turned out this lovely creamy gold color.  https://persianmama.com/shabe-yalda-a-persian-celebration/



No comments:

Post a Comment