Translate

Tuesday, January 5, 2021

The Witch

 

I made 'the Witch' for a Halloween decorating contest at the library. She's got a dried yellow rose tucked up in her logwood dyed alpaca hair. She sports a lightly pokeweed dyed top tucked into a logwood skirt and belt. She herself is a lovely shade of black walnut. Her pointy hat is sumi ink on felt. Every witch needs their familiar, and her kitty is a grey (like mine) from tea/iron dyed muslin. Every witch also needs their broom. Hers is made from some of my dried mugwort, willow, river birch, and black walnut from the woods out back. And, yes, I did just find the broom stick woven in vines waiting for me in the grass, already magical on its own. She surprised me when I finished her. (I also won Halloween) 






No comments:

Post a Comment