Translate

Sunday, January 10, 2021

Saint Pomegranate

 

"..The pomegranate tree had borne fruit, it was in fact laden with pomegranates. The pomegranates had ripened and cracked open, and their shining red seeds shone in the golden-bright sun. The woman thought that this was the truth, the pomegranate seeds. She had received a vision that truth, the truth which she did not know and yet had spent a lifetime guarding, was born of Saint Pomegranate."- pg.323, Touba and the Meaning of Night by Shahrnush Parsipur


I dyed another linen of my grandmothers' with pomegranates- this time with dried rinds. I cut open another pomegranate and dried the skin in the oven. Then I let the pieces sit in my bathroom under the skylight for a week or so to further dry. Once dry enough, I boiled and left the rinds soaking overnight, took them out the next morning added the fabric, simmered it, and let it sit for four days (I believe). The results are very similar to using freshly harvested rinds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment